The new hire orientation will be conducted for Technicians, Civilians, AGR/ADOS personnel during the first month of every quarter. This is subject to change based on the number of personnel on-boarded during the quarter.
11 March 2021
10 June 2021
23 September 2021
9 December 2021
The HRO's Orientation is developed to educate new personnel on the functions and expectations of being a part of the full-time force. It is an interactive discussion that provides useful information and guidance on the benefits available, useful tools, as well as standards, and policies to help keep our full-time force on the right track to success.
Areas of discussion are:
• Defense Travel System/Government Travel Card - Management of official government travel.
• Defense Civilian Personnel Data System/MyBIZ - Personnel info, data, pay, and appraisal management for Technician & Civilian personnel.
• Automated Time Attendance and Production System - Leave management for Technician and Civilian personnel.
• Full Time Management Control System/Leave Tracker - Leave management for AGR/ADOS personnel.
• Inspector General - Inspections, Assistance, Investigations, Teaching & Training, Complaint Resolution Process.
• Education Programs & Services - Available programs and tools to assist with continuing education.
• Safety - Safety regulations, SOPs, safe working environment.
• Sexual Harassment/Assault Response & Prevention - Impacts on readiness, prevention measures, policies, reporting and resources.
• Employee Benefits & Retirement - All entitlements and government provisions for Technician & Civilian personnel.
• Labor & Employee Relations - Labor and employee management issues.
• Equal Employment Opportunity - Anti-discrimination laws, complaint process, diversity and EO/EEO concepts.
• AGR/ADOS Management - Initial/Continuation Tours, Sick Call Procedures, Overseas Housing Allowance, Medical TDY.