As a member of the Virgin Islands National Guard, you can:
- Have a part-time job with full-time benefits
- Earn money for college
- Earn an additional paycheck
- Serve your community, state and country
- Find career opportunities
- Find adventure and challenge
- Find travel opportunities
You can do all of these with part-time service while maintaining a full-time civilian life. You serve as little as one weekend a month and two weeks a year; the two weeks of annual training are typically held during the summer.
Requirements to join are:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 (you can be 17 with a parent’s signature).
- You must have a High School diploma, a certificate of completion and a transcript verifying that all requirements of a secondary education have been met, or a GED, although in some instances you can be accepted as long as you have completed the 9th grade and enroll in the Guards GED Program and pass the GED test, or complete a GED program and pass the GED test on your own before attending Basic Training.
- Pass a physical.
- Complete an aptitude test which will determine career paths available for consideration.
Prior Service: https://www.nationalguard.com/eligibility/prior-service