By becoming a warrant officer, you will expand your skill set and become a vital member of the Virgin Islands Army National Guard. While basic branch officers assume the Guard’s general management roles, warrant officers serve as technical and tactical experts, as the leader of a team, and are highly trained in their field.
As a technical warrant officer, you’ll be both a technical and tactical expert—the best of both worlds. And if you feel flying is in your future, the aviation warrant officer career path may be the best way to earn your wings and become a Virgin Islands Army National Guard pilot.
Once you become a warrant officer, you will continue to receive the benefits you get now, plus:
- Get paid to attend in-depth, hands-on training
- Receive superior training in a highly technical field
- Enhance civilian career opportunities and bolster your resume
- Get experience that would take years to earn in the civilian world
- Learn proven leadership skills
- Receive the same respect as commissioned officers
Certain warrant officer positions are currently listed as Critical Shortage MOSs and may qualify for bonuses up to $20,000, based on the state’s need. For those positions, the following requirements apply:
Get the answers from an expert. Call 340-712-8073
- You must complete Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC) in your Area of Concentration (AOC) or Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) within 24 months of your date of commission.
- You must enlist for at least six years in an active drilling status (not AGR or Miltech).
- Prior service welcome to apply.